LYMPSTONE GARDEN CLUB 2022
We have an interesting year ahead for the Garden Club and so you might like to make a note of the following dates.
- Following on from our talk on bulbs in January, Lympstone apiarist Basil Strickland will talk on honey bees at 7.30pm on 15th March,
- At 7.30pm on 19th April we have something rather different – a talk on Square Metre Gardening. The principle behind SMG is to grow the food crops you enjoy in an organised way. You grow on a successional planting and harvesting basis, and you can have as few or as many demarcated square metres as space permits. Intensive planting means you can harvest a lot from a small space.
- On 14th May our popular coffee morning and plant sale will take place in the village hall. We can usually rely on the generosity of village gardeners to donate their spare plants – good germination means you can have too many tomato, courgette and bean plants! We also welcome ornamental plants, too.
- July will see our two-day celebration of 75 years of the Lympstone Garden Club Annual Show. On 1st July there will be the launch of an illustrated book on shows over the years written by Tony Day and on 2nd July there will be an exhibition, and also a talk by Todd Gray. More details to follow on this notable weekend.
- The 2022 Lympstone Garden Club Annual Show will be on 20th August.
Events take place in Lympstone Village Hall (EX8 5JY). Talks commence at 7.30pm
Dates for your diary… 2022
|15 March||Basil Strickland||Talk: Honey Bees||7.30pm|
|19 April||Talk: Square Metre Gardening||7.30pm|
|14 May||COFFEE MORNING and PLANT SALE|
|1 JULY||Anniversary event and BOOK LAUNCH||– 75 years of the Lympstone Garden Club Annual Show|
|2 July||Anniversary exhibition|
|20 August||ANNUAL SHOW|