If your household is affected by the Coronavirus…..
If your household is affected by the Coronavirus any waste materials that you come in contact with need to be handled carefully before they are collected to help prevent further spread of the virus.
Please ensure you adhere to the following –
- All contaminated items you produce, including tissues, cleaning cloths and wipes and masks, need to be put into a plastic bag. Tie the top of the bag to prevent escape of the material
- Put the bag inside another bin liner and tie the top of the bag
- Keep the bagged waste for a period of 72 hours in a place that cannot be accessed by other people or pets
- Put the bag in your wheeled waste bin (or gull sack if you use one) for safe collection by our crew. The bagged waste must be contained in your wheeled bin and the bin put out in your normal collection point. Do not put the bag on the kerb-side where people could have contact with it
- If you have an assisted collection, bag the waste as described above, and put it out in your usual assisted collection point in your wheeled bin or gull sack