Some of you may have received a leaflet from ‘Lympstone’s very concerned parishoners’ advising you to vote ‘No’ in the Neighbourhood Plan Referendum. We are not sure who has circulated this leaflet (the author could be a developer or agent seeking to further their own aims), but it makes a number of unsubstantiated allegations and has lead to some confusion. Read a rebuttal of this leaflet by Hugo Swire MP – here.
We would encourage all Lympstone residents who can, to vote on 26th March.
You will find the facts on various documents on this website:
- Rebuttal by Hugo Swire MP of ‘No’ vote leaflet
- The Power of Neighbourhood Planning
- The Neighbourhood Plan (and the consultation statement)
- Minutes of the Parish Council meeting on 9th September 2013 that approved the Plan
- The factual statement from the Parish Council in the latest edition of the Lympstone Herald
The Exmouth Journal article on the Neighbourhood Plan (written by the editor to correct the errors in the article published on Thursday 19 March) – here
Volunteers from the Neighbourhood Plan Working Party will be available to answer any questions or concerns you have:
- Under the Railway Bridge on Saturday 21st March (morning)
- Churchill Court Saturday 21st March 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm
- Kings Garden Centre Monday 23rd March 6.00 pm – 7.00 pm
and you will find more information in the yellow leaflet distributed around the Parish over the last few days.