Families on low incomes can get help with food and utility costs via the new Household Support Fund, which Early Help are administering locally. The additional amount of funding we have received is very small and although the scheme is due to run to 30th September 2022 I do not expect this additional funding to last until this date and the offer will close when funds are exhausted.
Priority to families who have not previously made applications to the hardship funding.
Through this fund, Early Help is able to provide a grant per family to support with:
- Supporting for energy and water bills for household purposes
- Essential white goods such as a fridge, freezer or cooker
- Consideration for petrol for essential journeys
The family needs to meet the following criteria:
- You are a family (at least 2 people where at least 1 person is either pre-birth or up to 18 yrs. old)
- You are experiencing financial hardship
- You need financial help to pay utility bills or buy food and essential items linked to food, warmth, and utilities for your family
- Not have received financial assistance from another source for the same reason
Please note: Payment will be sent directly to families through BACS (it is essential we have the families bank details)
There will be no food vouchers available in this scheme
A professional should apply on behalf of the families they are representing and verify the circumstances of the request when doing so.