Devon Mobile Libraries will be back on the road bringing books to you from July 13th 2020. To make sure that customers and staff are safe, we will only be offering a new type of contactless service for the time being. It’s called Choose & Collect.
10-15-10.35 Meadow Close
10.45-11.45 Underhill Car Park
Friday 7th August
Friday 4th September
Friday 2nd October
Friday 30th October
Friday 27th November
What is Choose and Collect?
• a free delivery of up to 5 books or audiobooks per person.
• selected by staff based on your reading preferences.
• you collect from your usual mobile library stop.
• selections available for adults and children.
How do I make sure I get a Choose and Collect delivery
• Even if we rang you to offer you your first delivery, we regret we can’t do this every month. You must contact us to order again.
• Order at least 1 week before the mobile library visits your village or stop.
• You can check your Mobile Library’s timetable on our website.
• Email or telephone the library where your Mobile Library is based to make an order. Their bases are at Exmouth Library, Ivybridge Library, Tiverton Library and Torrington Library.
• Remember to tell staff you are a mobile library customer when you contact us.
• New customers are welcome, just mention you wish to join the mobile library.
What else do I need to know?
• If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms please don’t come to the library.
• We will bag up your books ready for collection, they will have already been issued to your library card to reduce contact.
• Please use our hand sanitiser station and follow social distancing rules when you collect and return items. All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
• We can only deliver pre-ordered selections for now, and regret that staff can’t check the shelves for items while you wait during this phase of reopening.
• Items will be collected and returned at the entrance of the mobile library. You won’t be able to enter the vehicle to browse or choose for yourself.
• We look forward to seeing you again, please be patient while we get used to this new way of working.