Lympstone Living Advent Calendar – would you like to take part?
We want Lympstone to be a cheerful, happy and lively place this December by creating a Living Advent Calendar, with 24 windows throughout the village decorated and ’opened’ each evening between 1st December and Christmas Eve.
This outdoor event will enable everyone to observe whatever Covid measures are in place at that time. This is an event for homes and businesses, for anyone, of any age to take part in, and we hope to share pictures on the village website and Facebook throughout December.
What’s involved? If you want to take part you will need….
- A window clearly that is visible from the street or a public outdoor space.
- To keep your window illuminated each evening from 4pm to 10pm from the date your window is ‘opened’ until 5 January (Twelfth Night).
- To ‘reveal’ your decorated window at 4pm on your advent date.
- To include your window number somewhere on the window decoration so everyone knows they’ve found the right window.
- To create a design for your window. It can be religious or non-religious, funny or topical, but not rude or offensive, please!
- To light your advent scene well with fairy lights, back lights etc.
- To be happy for your address to be identified on a map to help people find your window. No names or other contact details will be shared.
To volunteer or find out more contact Doreen Murray firstname.lastname@example.org